But it’s still minimal !!!
I have decided to pack more software into minimal image, it’s growing up a little bit but it’s still minimal.
In my future release I planned to have a really small image with autoupgrade capabilities, few basic tools and software. It’s going to be a little bit bigger than planned but it will surely be under 100Mb of disk space so minimal requirements are still a common 128Mb SD card (if you’re still able to find them 🙂 )
root@moebius:~# df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 106967 91085 10148 90% / devtmpfs 219772 0 219772 0% /dev tmpfs 223936 152 223784 0% /run tmpfs 223936 52 223884 0% /var/volatile
That’s because I have added these essential tools:
- wget (swiss army knife for everything related to http tests), I’m not satisfied of what’s included in busybox, extended options are needed (https, trusted certs, save-header options, debugging features)
- openssl and upgraded ssh libs, if you have spent some time in this planet lately you may know why
- updated certificate files, sounds boring and space hungry but seems to be necessary if you want to rely on external https services
- gpg/pgp. Now I have an official repository with selected debian packages (but it’s still not a debian based distro !) and this repo is using https, a trusted site is necessary and gpg/pgp utilities are a must
- apt keyring utils, read above
keep going, new details soon…